So, my friend Sara made a list of the top ten (or fifteen) baby related items she couldn't live without. She suggested it would be fun for others to do the same. This strikes me as funny b/c my favorite "products" changed w/ the arrival of each additional child. But, I thought maybe I could come up w/ a list of my favorite things. My list does however encompass a few preschool age items. So in no particular order here they are. Explanations follow.
1. Sippy Cups
2. Gerber Flannel Burp Cloths
3. The womb sounds Teddy Bear
4. Easy Link Internet Launch Pad
5. Playtex Bottles and disposable Drop-In liners
6. Mylicon drops
7. Dora the Explorer
8. Bubbles/Sidewalk Chalk
9. Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes
10. The Frog Pod
Sippy Cups, no mom could live without these. I think they are the best invention ever!
Gerber Flannel Burp cloths, I loved these when my kids were babies. They are so soft! Plus, all three of my kids spit up a lot and these helped keep everyone's clothes cleaner cuz they are thicker than other burp cloths.
Womb sounds Teddy Bear, I am not sure if that is exactly what he is called but I couldn't have lived w/ out him when Jack was a baby. Sara (same one) gave it to us when he was born. It's a teddy bear you attach to the baby's crib. You turn it on and it makes that wooshing sound like inside mommy's tummy. I didn't have the time to rock him to sleep, so teddy did it for me. I am convinced this is why Jack is still such a good sleeper to this day.
Easy Link Internet Launch Pad, is my new favorite thing. The kids got it for Christmas, and basically it allows them to play preschool age games on the computer while restricting their access to anything other than what is programmed into the different character keys that come w/ it. The girls love it and Dee Dee can do a forty card memory game in about five minutes. Impressive!
Playtex bottles and Drop-Ins, I swear by these! Everyone has their own favorite bottles, but I personally loved these. Given that I couldn't breast feed, they at least made bottle clean up quick and easy. The only down side is you have to keep buying the disposable liners.
Mylicon drops. Great for fussy babies, they settle tummies, and help w/ colic. Need I say
more?
Dora the Explorer. I would never get anything done w/out Dora. Not only has she taught my kids a little bit of Spanish, but she somehow manges to mesmerize them. Even Jack!
Bubbles/Sidewalk Chalk, cheap and fun. These are great to have on hand for those early days of spring when it is starting to get warm but still a little too muddy to play on the swing set.
Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes, I still use these. Even though I know they probably don't need them anymore I think they are the softest and they smell good too!
The Frog Pod, also a new favorite. For those of you who don't know this is a frog that holds bath toys and attaches to the wall of the bathtub. When the bath is done you cane scoop up all the toys and the water drains out. No more scummy toys!





No comments:
Post a Comment