December 18, 2008

It's begining to feel a lot like Christmas!

I must apologize for not posting anything too significant in awhile. There are a few reasons for this. One, is that I am completely wrapped up in the Twilight series. A good friend let me borrow the second and third books and I am almost finished with them. I cannot stress to you how addictive they are, if you have not read them please I beg you jump on this bandwagon! You won't regret it! Another thing I have been busy doing is Christmas shopping. I have been trying to do a little bit each day and I am finally almost finished, two maybe three more gifts to buy and I am done! My other reason for staying away from the blog is that my husband says I spend too much time doing it. He is probably right, but rest assured I am still faithfully reading what all of you write, I just haven't been as generous with the comment love.

Now that I have explained myself, I wanted to share a little bit of what has been going on @ our house. It is the Holiday season and we have been busy! On top of my parents move, we have had four Christmas parties, a school program (video below), and I did a cookie exchange with my MOPS group! I feel like I have a few days to breathe right now and then we are hosting a holiday game night/game exchange @ our house on Sunday night. If you live close by or are going to be in the area please feel free to come and bring a game to exchange, the more the merrier!

Wednesday was Reagan's last day of school before Christmas break and she came home with a gift from her teachers that she just couldn't wait to open. It was a snowman book and this little snowman in a box. Too cute right?


101_1748


We have had a ton of snow this week and the girls just couldn't wait to build a little snowman. But, Jack was napping, so I couldn't exactly bundle everyone up and go outside. I did however throw my coat on and scoop up some snow with a big mixing bowl and bring it back inside. We then made this cute little snowman together.

101_1749


The girls were so enthralled with him, as you can see...

101_1750


101_1751


But, they were worried because he was melting very fast. So, we stuck him back outside in the snow.

101_1752


As cold as it is I imagine he will probably be there for a few days. I would love it if the snow stuck around for Christmas. Nothing excites me more than a white Christmas! I hope the weather they are calling for doesn't spoil it though. We are supposed to be getting an ice storm overnight, and I am worried. The last really bad ice storm we had was before Reagan was born and our power was out for two weeks! We had to move in with my in-laws to keep from freezing. So, the thought of being trapped in my house with no power and three kids scares me. Let's just pray that it doesn't get as bad as they say it will! Anyway, on a lighter note, here is a video I shot on Monday night at the girls Christmas program. Dee Dee is on the far left in the front row, in the pink fur coat. Her teacher insisted that they wear their coats so that it looked like they were caroling. She must have been so hot under those lights! Reagan is in the middle row, the fifth in from the left. She just cracked me up, and this video is just from the rehearsal! I tired to tape the program but I was too far back and my zoom just made it all fuzzy. I hope you enjoy! And I promise I will be back again soon, barring a major power outage!


4 comments:

  1. What a great update post. I am in the same boat over here with blogging, for many of the same reasons, except twighlight of course.... Loved the snowman. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet, Katie! So glad you are among the living and enjoying the season and the snow! Love your man~hope he sticks it out for a white Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL! that is so funny about you being MIA because I too have been away from my posts due to recently finishing twilight and now reading new moon!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE EDWARD!! I'm going to see the movie tomorrow and can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute singing! Ava loves to sing along to that song on the Chipmunks Christmas album.

    Karla and I were also hooked on Twilight. We've read all of them.

    Good seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete