
Sorry if I have been a little MIA this week! I have been helping my parents move. No they aren't downsizing and no they aren't retiring to Florida, they are moving back into the house I grew up in. Kinda crazy right? Well, here's the story. Two years ago my mom and dad decided they needed to downsize and they sold their house and moved onto a local golf course. The new house was very nice, but it never felt like home, not to me, and not to them. About six months after selling their old house they contacted the new owners and asked if they would be interested in selling it back to them. They weren't. Fast forward another year and a half and this time it was the new owners who approached my parents. Apparently, one of them accepted a new job and they wanted to move. After a whirlwind of looking and the house and back and forth offers my parents ended up buying it back for almost exactly what they sold it for. In the meantime their realtor had a buyer in mind for their other house. She showed it to her without even putting it on the market and the lady gave them a full price offer. In these hard times, I would say the whole thing was meant to be. My mom is so happy and it does my heart good to see her that way. She has had a rough couple of years and I am glad to see her back on the upswing. It is a funny thing how surreal it is to be unpacking in my old bedroom. In some ways it feels like they have been away forever and it some ways it feels like they never left! Well, I am off to go get the kids ready for the day and pack Dee Dee who is spending the weekend with her godmother Gina. I don't know when things will get back to normal around here, maybe after Christmas?





WOW, what a great story. My parents are trying to move back closer to me and my family however they have had their condo up for sale for well over a year and there is no movement at all by anyone. They have dealt with alot of hard times trying to sell this and move back and their health isn't the greatest so I am hoping things come along soon. Enjoy feeling more "at home" when you go for a visit. That is truly an amazing story!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great. I hope to have a house that my kids grow up in and we keep for a long time. Unfortunately it won't be the one we live in now, but maybe in the next few years we will get the house we want! If you have time, stop by my blog and enter my give away!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! So happy for your parents! And just in time for Christmas! Be blessed, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for your mom and dad, that house was always just them. There is no place like home. I think the home we are in will be what my kids always consider home, our other house was never our home, it was his home... Kolt has talked about he and his wife living here someday but he is not real sure just where I might be living...
ReplyDeleteThat's really sweet! It sounds like they were just on a really long vacation from their home, now they are back! I'd love to move into my childhood house...I live close by and drive my often. It brings back warm and fuzzies!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy...that's a neat story!
I hope we're still in this house when our kids are grown!! You've been busy lately, girl... so have I... I missed WOMTW this week. I am so sorry. We haven't put up our tree yet! I PROMISED the kids we would do it this weekend so I will be back Wed.!
ReplyDeletexoxo
What a beautiful home. Glad things worked the way the did. Just in case your feeling unloved, I have another project for you. How do you set things up so that when someone leaves a comment you see it via e-mail?
ReplyDeleteWow! That is so cool.
ReplyDeleteOhilda
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!! I never had a house like that to look back on - I hope to someday have something like this for my kids!! You must be so excited to see your old home again!!
ReplyDeleteYou have an award - visit my blog.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what an amazing story... Wow..
ReplyDelete