December 22, 2008

Baby, it's Cold Outside!

Well we certainly got that ice storm and boy was it a doozie! My power has been sporadic for the past few days and the temperature yesterday was -6 degrees. Not to mention that with the windchill it feels even colder! The ice was so beautiful but also very destructive. Remember the tree that got hit by lightning? Well, it isn't a very lucky tree because it lost three more big branches to the ice. I think when spring rolls around, we will probably have to cut it down. I pretty much holed up inside the house on Friday and Saturday only venturing out to take pictures.

101_1770


101_1771


101_1776


On Sunday we were supposed to have our Holiday Game Exchange, but we ended up moving it to a friends house because of the unreliable electricity. It was a blast, even though I couldn't find my camera and don't have any pics to show for it. We came home with Scrabble and a fun game called True Colors. I really hope this becomes a yearly tradition and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

Today I spent most of the day organizing the basement playroom. For those of you who don't know, that's all our basement is, a big playroom. It can get pretty messy, pretty fast. So, I wanted to clean up and "organize" before all of the Christmas toys come flooding in. By organize I mean throw away the broken toys or ones with missing pieces and designate some toys to give away. My younger brother J.C. came over to help me and we knocked it all out in about three hours.

Okay, I crack myself up. I promise you I had no pun intended when I said we knocked it out. But, it just so happens that J.C. did kinda knock Reagan out in another sense of the word. He was putting something away in the unfinished part of the basement for me, when he accidentally hit Reagan with the door. He was trying to shut it behind him without realizing she was trying to follow him in there. She must just be the exact right height because the doorknob hit her smack in the eye. It is all black and blue, and I imagine by Christmas Eve it is going to look pretty bad.

101_1781


Doesn't she just look miserable. The poor thing! I am just dreading all of those Christmas photos with her black and blue eye. Oh, and you gotta love the fact that she wearing a bathing suit when it is FREEZING outside! I've heard of Christmas in July, but July @ Christmas? I don't know about that one!

5 comments:

  1. Ice storms can be scarey! Cool pics though! It has been extremely cold...staying in this time of year is tough. Going here and there...
    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the wintery conditions, the thickness of the ice on the first picture is amazing! Poor Reagan, I can't believe it bruised that quickly. And the bathing suit thing, Emma does that, too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I won't complain about cold weather here in the south again. YIKES the ICE!! Poor Reagan, I hope the bruising goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, THAT looks painful... ouch! But, aren't her eyes just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so sad and pouty! Ahh, throw some coverup on there for the pictures! I had to do that when Nathan lurched his head back and hit me in the eye. My family was coming in to town that day and we had 5 days of pcture taking ahead of us!! :o)

    ReplyDelete