August 9, 2008

If a Tree Falls in Your Backyard and No One is Around to Hear it, Does it Still Make a Sound?

Okay so apparently we did not make it through the storms unscathed. It seems as though lightning struck a tree in our backyard. All I can say is that I am grateful that it did not hit the house. The lightning I mean. Well, I guess I am also grateful that the tree didn't hit our house because let me tell you we lost a huge chunk of it. A very large branch broke off and rested in some pine trees. I am also grateful that it didn't hit the kids swing set. You can see from the first picture how close this tree is to the swing set. If the branch had fallen the other way it would have probably taken the swing set down with it. Anyway tonight some guys from Arby's came over to help Chris cut it up and haul the pieces to the front yard. I took some pictures of the biggest branch that fell, along with a shot of the trunk of the tree where the lightning hit and the branch broke off.








No comments:

Post a Comment