
Reagan has an imaginary friend... and his name is John Deere. Considering that her Grandpa Tim is in the farm machinery business I thought it was pretty appropriate. I ask you, where do kids come up with this stuff? Seriously we were playing in the backyard the other day and she just came up to me and introduced her "new friend". I had to clench my teeth to keep form laughing! I am assuming that his name has something to do with the mini John Deere Gator (kinda like a battery operated Barbie car, but not?) that resides in our backyard. Anyway, yesterday she informed me that he was coming over to play and then opened the door and let him in. I had to get him a drink of water, and make room for him at the dinner table. I am happy to know that she has an active imagination, but I find this hilarious! I am excited too, for school to start next week so that she can get back to playing with her real friends. Until then, at least she is finding a way to keep herself occupied.





Too funny. "Barbie" lived at our house for months. Not the doll. Invisible, life-size Barbie. I had to hold her hand while crossing the street, set her a place at dinner, call Barbie's mommy and ask her if she could spend the night...every night...you get the idea. Barbie seems to have stayed in Georgia, but Ava's imagination has not slowed down. I'm with you...school needs to start so she can interact with her REAL peers.
ReplyDeleteOh Miss Katie - I am loving this blog. One - it so reminds me of you in your younger days. Two - it reminds me of my kids in their younger days. Three - It gives me the opportunity to tell you I am so proud of you, I can see you are a very wonderful mom, the best advice I would offer, you are already doing, enjoy these precious and few moments, they go oh so fast! Before you know it, you have a senior in high school! (Remember when you used to babysit her? - now you have an inkling of how I am feeling!)
ReplyDeleteLove ya girl!
Toni Derry