August 9, 2008

Panda and Hippo... Best Friends for Life

A couple of posts back I mentioned how when Dee Dee went to the doctor, she took Panda along and the doctor examined him too. I realized later they maybe not everyone knows who Panda is. So I thought I would explain.

Not too long ago the kids were watching a Baby Einstein movie about different animals and where they live. They kind of became fascinated with some of the animals from the video, hippopotamuses and pandas included. Being that I keep a bunch of toys (that aren't currently being played with) in the storage part of the basement, I decided to go rummaging in the stuffed animal bin. That was where I found Hippo and Panda. Yes, those are their names, as apparently my children are not overly imaginative in the naming department. Ever since I gave them to them they have both become inseparable. Reagan will cry at night if she can't find Hippo to sleep with and Dee Dee takes Panda practically everywhere we go.

Hippo belongs to Reagan and he was a gift given to us when she was born. Believe it or not he came from my hairdresser, who said her daughter picked him out for us. She has been doing my hair since I was three years old and also did all of my kiddos first cuts.

As for Panda, he used to be mine. I went through a phase in middle school where I was collecting bears, mostly stuffed ones, and I preferred the ones that looked already worn out. I guess I liked to imagine that they had a whole other life before they came to me. Anyway, I kept very few of them over the years, and Panda was my favorite.

So, here they are resting comfortably on the girls bed, which is where I usually put them whenever I find them lying around the house. That way I know that they will be there, ready and waiting to be loved by two very special little girls, who happen to think they are pretty special too.



1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! I love old stuffed animals... they have character. :)

    ReplyDelete