
On this beautiful Sunday morning I sit at home in front of my computer, in prayer. This may sound odd to some people but it is not to me. Though I will be the first to admit that I do not get to church as often as I "should", that does not mean I do not have a deep and meaningful relationship with God. Lately I have found that relationship growing, thanks in part to many strangers out in blogland. You see, late at night when I can't sleep... I surf. The web that is, mostly blogs. Some of the people I know, some of the people they know. Those blogs lead me to others and so on and so forth. I find myself reading about complete strangers who are in need of prayers. A family dealing with cystic fibrosis and a premature baby (CFHusband), many families traveling to China to adopt children (thanks Rebecca), a woman who lost her child to stillbirth, yet retains her faith in God (Bring the Rain), and now a woman in Minnesota whose faith is being tested.
On her blog she calls herself MckMama, and she is in the hospital pregnant with her fourth child. Though she had normal pregnancies before, this one is different. Her baby, a boy named Stellan has a heart condition that the doctors can't seem to figure out. A few weeks ago she was told that he would probably die. So she turned to her blog as an outlet for her frustration, her questions, and most of all as a means of reaffirming her trust in God. Since then people have flocked to her blog to join her journey. They have offered prayers and support. What is amazing is that since so many people started praying for Stellan, he has improved. He went from a death sentence to a 50/50 chance of living. Then he started to improve more. Now they are talking about releasing her from the hospital and monitoring her from home. That is the power of prayer people. Nothing else can explain it. This is a woman who laid her child down at the Lord's feet and has been rewarded for her faith. Don't get me wrong, MckMama and Stellan are not out of the woods yet! But, they are on their way. Maybe I am so moved by her story because in reading about her, I see myself. I was blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy children. Though my pregnancies were not easy, I came out of them okay. If you would like to join in the fight and pray for them with me and everyone else out there in blogland, there is a link to her site on my side bar.





Thanks for the link!
ReplyDelete