
August 25, 2008
J.C. Learns to Drive
Yesterday my older brother Shawn was in town. In the past this used to be a rarity, but it has become more frequent in the last say 2 years. Anyway... he decided while he was here to give J.C. a driving lesson. Now I know J.C. is well over 15, but this was his first experience driving a stick shift. According to Shawn he did really well! I am proud of him, cuz Lord knows I can't drive stick to save my life. A few years ago right after Kennedy was born Chris had a stick shift truck. He tried to teach me how to drive it, and lets just say I came really close to killing him ( literally and figuratively). So then my father-in-law Tim tried to teach me. That went a lot better, and even though I was no expert at least I had a basic understanding. I can't tell you how many times, in the course of driving that stupid truck, that I stalled it. I hate stick shift and hope to never have to drive it again. So, my hats off to my little brother for accomplishing it in one day. What is that they say about being younger and more able to absorb the things you learn? I guess his mind is like a sponge... hope that applies to high school English too!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Wow, JC does seem like a pretty bright kid! I"m looking forward to being back to school to work with him more!
ReplyDelete