Okay, is everyone else enjoying the Olympics as much as I am? I am LOVING them! I look forward to them every time they roll around, but this one has been especially fun because I can share it with my girls. Though I love watching all of the events, I am having the most fun watching Gymnastics. Every time it comes on Reagan pipes up, " I can do that just like her mom!", "I know how to do the high bar!", " She does the balance beam like me!" Yes, Reagan, your Gymnastics class is just like that! What an amazing way for her to make a connection between the fundamentals she is learning and the possibilities to come. I was looking online today, and Chicago is one of the four finalists being considered to host the 2016 Summer Games. Now, I'm not saying that I by any means have a future Shawn Johnson on my hands, but a girl can dream right? If nothing else the thought of taking my girls to Chicago just to watch the Olympics excites me. When I was little, I knew someone (my future mother-in-law) who went to watch the Games when they were in Atlanta. Ever since then I have always wanted to go watch them. I know she would be up for going with me. Plus, the thought that by then my girls would be 13 and 11 is kind of surreal. Until then I will just enjoy watching them on T.V. Tonight is the Women's Gymnastics team finals, Go U.S.A.August 11, 2008
Chicago 2016 Here We Come!?
Okay, is everyone else enjoying the Olympics as much as I am? I am LOVING them! I look forward to them every time they roll around, but this one has been especially fun because I can share it with my girls. Though I love watching all of the events, I am having the most fun watching Gymnastics. Every time it comes on Reagan pipes up, " I can do that just like her mom!", "I know how to do the high bar!", " She does the balance beam like me!" Yes, Reagan, your Gymnastics class is just like that! What an amazing way for her to make a connection between the fundamentals she is learning and the possibilities to come. I was looking online today, and Chicago is one of the four finalists being considered to host the 2016 Summer Games. Now, I'm not saying that I by any means have a future Shawn Johnson on my hands, but a girl can dream right? If nothing else the thought of taking my girls to Chicago just to watch the Olympics excites me. When I was little, I knew someone (my future mother-in-law) who went to watch the Games when they were in Atlanta. Ever since then I have always wanted to go watch them. I know she would be up for going with me. Plus, the thought that by then my girls would be 13 and 11 is kind of surreal. Until then I will just enjoy watching them on T.V. Tonight is the Women's Gymnastics team finals, Go U.S.A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





The Olympics are awesome! Michael Phelps is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI HOPE THEY ARE IN CHICAGO!! I want to go so bad!! Wouldn't it be amazing to be there in person??
ReplyDelete