August 7, 2008

A Day in the Life


Other than my recent adventures in cooking with Reagan, I haven't really taken the time to update ya'll on the everyday activities of our lives. This week we have done a lot! I finally took Kennedy for her three year physical. Okay, I know she was three almost two months ago, but cut me some slack okay. It isn't that I didn't want to take her, it is just that our regular pediatrician up and retired on us, and I hadn't found a suitable replacement. We finally ended up @ Dr. Dick's (insert laugh) and he was wonderful. He is a family doctor, and not a pediatrician, but I think we are going to be very happy with him! I recognized his nurse from elementary school, and I was immediately at ease. He was amazing with Kennedy too, he made her laugh and everything her did to her, he did to panda first. She loved him. No shots, but she did need a T.B. test and she didn't even cry when they put the needle in! Talk about a brave little girl. I also registered both girls for preschool this week. Reagan will be going into Pre-K 4 (with Nini as her teacher, wish them luck!) and Dee will be in Pre-K 3. This was my major kick in the butt, on the doctor front and also the reason she HAD to have the T.B. test done. In other news they finally came to fix my oven! Some of you might know that it has been acting funny since oh, I don't know THANKSGIVING! So, in honor of having an oven that works again, today I did some baking. I love to bake! Cooking not so much, but baking, absolutely! Other than that, we basically spent a lazy day at home. If you must know, none of us even changed out of our jammies. As I sit here typing this I am wearing the same ones I wore last night. I did snap some pictures throughout the day. I do this a lot, but don't usually blog them unless we actually did something. The one above is of Dee Dee this morning in my cowboy boots. She found them this weekend after I wore them one day, and she has fallen in love with them! Here are some more pics from our day.
Today I turned these.....



Into this!!!



Here is Jack, who while I was baking decided to take his afternoon nap on the floor!




And here is my hand after I almost cut my finger tip off trying to slice Reagan a piece of the yummy banana bread. Curses on you, Cutco knives!



This last one was taken just a few minutes ago as Dee Dee was screaming at me about not wanting to go to bed. Oh, the joys of parenting!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds very much like a day in our lives with the baking, etc. but minus the kid who just falls asleep on the floor. What's up with that?! Maybe my next one will be that chill. Not complaining though, Emily is really so good.
    Sorry 'bout your finger. I love my Cutco knives. Sharp, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete