"Yesterday" was quite eventful around here! I only say it in quotes because right now it is about 1:15 in the morning and I am still up! So even though most of you will probably read this "tomorrow", the following actually happened on what is, for you, yesterday. Does everyone follow? Did I lose any of you there? Good.
So, anyway "yesterday" morning Rachael called and wanted to know if the kids and I wanted to do lunch at a local Mexican place. Even though I am supposed to be on a diet, this sounded like a good idea, so off we went. On the way I decided to call Gina and ask her to join us. Seconds after I hung up the phone, it rang. It was Chris calling from Arby's and he needed me to run to the other Arby's on the other side of town and get him some more roast beef. It was noon and he was about to run out! That is not a good thing! That should give you some idea of how crazy his day was. By the time we got to the restaurant we were really late, but we all had a good time. I think the kids like the chips more than the actual food, but hey, they behaved so I'm not complaining!

As we were getting ready to leave the restaurant Rachael asked if we wanted to go to the park. I though about this for a minute, and the remembered the piles of laundry at home that still needed to be tackled. She suggested that it would be fun for Austin to take one of his cousins along with him and I agreed. Great idea, or so I thought. So since Dee Dee never gets to go anywhere I told Rach to take her. This started the worst tantrum I have ever heard come out of Reagan. She screamed the whole way home! "I want to go to the PARK!" Then at home she proceeded to flail herself onto the floor kicking and screaming. I shut her in her room with the light off until she calmed down. I would have taken pictures of this not-so-funny fit, but I had sent my camera with Dee Dee, who from the looks of it had a pretty good time!
Getting ready to leave the parking lot...
cooling off under the pavilion...
Taking time out to empty their crocs of pebbles and mulch. Too funny!
When they got back to our house, they were all dripping with sweat. What a hot day it was! So, Rachael and Austin came in for a little bit, and the kids all had fun attempting to destroy the furniture. I don't know about any other parents, but my furniture is wrecked! You may notice all of the little finger and foot prints on my coffee table. They won't come off, it's like they are permanently etched there. As much as I hate it, it is too adorable. Plus they are having so much fun, I'd hate to spoil it for them.
As for the rest of my evening, Chris and I got a babysitter and went out. First over to a friends house, and then out for dinner, just the two of us. It was some much needed time alone. Even though we were both exhausted from our days, it was nice to take some time just to catch up with each other! Now I am staying up late, sharing all of our adventures with you because I'm just nutty like that! Plus, tomorrow I have another busy day planned! Seeing as how the kids have so much fun with their cousin Austin, Rachael and I made plans to get them together again tomorrow. Or is that today? I'm so tired I can't even think straight!







No comments:
Post a Comment