December 2, 2008

What's on my Tree Wednesday?

What's On My Tree Wednesdays



Okay people, I am going to try this again. I must admit I am a little disappointed that last week only three people participated in my little carnival. I am hoping that since Thanksgiving is over, and more people have their trees up that I can at least double that number this week. Is that so much to ask? So without further ado here is my ornament of the week...


101_1520


This is my favorite Nativity ornament. I have few on my tree but this one stands out. It is truly beautiful and the picture does not do it justice. Chris and I bought it the second Christmas we were married @ Bronner's Christmas Wonderland . We had made the trek to Michigan in January with my BIL Miah and my would be SIL Rachael. He had a farm sale to go to and the rest of us tagged along. My what a wonderful store that is! It put me in the Christmas spirit, and the Christmas season had just ended. I believe I purchased 5 or 6 ornaments while we were there. We were still newlyweds and our tree was pretty bare and needed some personality. You see, we didn't have kids yet. At the time I didn't know I would be hanging it on our tree for the first time for Reagan's first Christmas. I got pregnant that spring and had Reagan that fall (see Reagan's birth story). Maybe it was extra special to me that year because besides representing the holy family, it also represented my family. Any way you look at it, it is still one of my favorite ornaments to unwrap and hang on the tree year after year. So now I beg of you, please share your favorite ornaments with me! I would truly love to see them!


If you are interested in sharing some of your favorite ornaments, go ahead and write a "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post. You can grab the button code right over there on my sidebar. Please link back to me either by using the button or by linking internally within your post. Then come back here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. Copy and paste the URL of your "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post and then you're done! Then go ahead and start clicking away to visit other people and see whats on their trees too! Remember, I'll be hosting this little carnival until Epiphany, so if your tree isn't up yet, come back next week!




8 comments:

  1. Hoping to get my box out tomorrow. It is still Tuesday here. I love the ornament you shared about, too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think Mr. Linky is still having problems, so here is my link... http://green-eyedgurl.blogspot.com/2008/12/whats-on-my-tree-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...I love that ornament. We are finishing our decorating tonight (PLEEEASE GOD LET US FINISH!). And when we do, I look forward to posting about what's on our tree!

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'll give Mr. Linky another whirl...
    Thanks for the sweet comment. Yep, I agree about the whole "First Christmas Together" thing. That's why I really like the ornament I used today since it just says "Our Christmas Together" instead. We had 2 Christmases while dating and 1 engaged...so that was actually our 4th "Together". But since it doesn't say "first" and has the date on it...perfecto!
    Hope you get some more takers today! I think it's a great idea!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, mine is up this week - thanks for a great idea for a new "theme"! I love your ornament - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the thought and enjoy seeing and reading about the special ornaments. I have just been so busy I'm ashamed to say I have not even used my camera for several weeks. I'll be better - take the picture- and post about it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting back from my business trip tomorrow and we are getting a tree this weekend. I promise I will play along as soon as I get my tree up! I wish I had a chance to do it sooner, but being home for 1 day since Nov 20th has made it impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey chickie, we don't have our tree up yet, hence the reason I haven't participated. But we are getting up this weekend... so I will play along soon! :)

    ReplyDelete