May 16, 2008

A Cow Says "Moo"

The other night we went to Chris' grandparents house for a mushroom fry. Afterwards when we were getting ready to leave, our girls discovered the cows grazing next to the house. They were so excited! Reagan, in all serious started mooing, trying to talk to the cows. They came right up to the fence and one of them licked Reagan's hand. I must admit I was raised a city girl so in a way this was exciting for me too. Chris didn't seem to think it was a big deal, but I thought it was worth capturing on my camera. He seems to take for granted that cows were just a given part of his childhood, and in all honesty they will probably be a given for our kids too. But, that wasn't my childhood, it was his. So, maybe my kids won't remember that this is the first time they were that close to a cow, but I will. And I thought it was worth documenting.

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely what you say. I grew up in the city as well and it was until I came to Leesburg that I saw a cow that close to me. As a matter of fact any farm animal so close and I was facinated with baby pigs and remember how interested I was with the milking parlor operation when I visited. Wow! ....Now after 30+ years there are just another stinky cow:)

    ReplyDelete