May 19, 2008

My Babies Aren't Babies Anymore...

Well, what a weekend we had around here! Since it was the first weekend we had in a long time where we knew we didn't have plans, I decided to hunker down and potty train Dee Dee. I had noticed that whenever I would put a pull up or panties on her she didn't seem to mind if she peed in them, but if she was naked then she would usually go to the potty. So, I left her naked all weekend. She did great! We had one accident when she pooped in an empty laundry basket, but overall I would consider it a success! You have no idea how glad I will be to have her out of diapers. She will probably still wear one at night for a while but I can deal w/ that. The other momentous thing that happened around here this weekend was that Jack slept in a big boy bed for the first time last night. See, I promised Jack's crib to Chris' cousin Ana who has a four month old baby and another who will be two in August that isn't ready to give up his crib. Well when Dee was born we bought another crib for Reagan that turned into a toddler bed. Since Ana already has four kids and this baby is their last, it seemed silly for her to buy another crib when I had one in my basement. I went to the basement yesterday to get the parts of our other crib to put it together. Problem being that when I went to find all of the pieces I couldn't find the front part of the front of the bed that makes it a crib. So I decided to go ahead and put the toddler bed front on. After all, Jack is 18 months old and Reagan was about 20 months when she started sleeping in it and Dee was his age when she started sleeping in a queen size bed with Reagan. He is our best sleeper anyway, so I thought it was worth a shot. He did great too! I think I may give him a couple of days and see how well he naps in it before I call Ana to pick up the crib. Just yet another reminder that my babies are growing up too fast and that they aren't really babies anymore. They are all toddlers now!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah For Dee-Dee!!!!!!!!!!! for going to the potty like a big girl.
    Yuppie for Jack!!! for sleeping in a big bed like a little boy.
    No more babies, now is time to get busy and enjoy these todlers years and start making memories.

    ReplyDelete