June 2, 2008

Gina's Wedding Shower


On Saturday my mom and I hosted a wedding shower for Gina. I don't like to do last names on the blog, so if you don't know who Gina is I'll explain. About eight years ago my mom lost the nanny that she had had since Ally was born. Being that the kids were still really little then, she still needed some help. Since I was engaged and away @ college she decided to hire someone new. This was how Gina came into our lives. We met her through my mother-in-law, which just goes to show you how intertwined and connected my two families are. To say that Gina was the nanny isn't enough, to say that she is a good friend of the family doesn't do our relationship justice. Gina is like a sister to me. I know I have two sisters, but they are a lot younger than I am and we don't really relate on the same level. When Kennedy was born I asked Gina to be her Godmother. So, having her in my life has not only been a blessing to me and my siblings, but to my kids too. She is a part of our family and I hope that it stays that way after she gets married next weekend. Here is a pictue Ally took of my girls on Saturday @ the shower, it was so cute I had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment