June 29, 2008

Jeff and Christy's Indiana Reception

Last night we went to Chris' cousin Jeff's wedding. We all had a blast, including the kids! It is so much fun to watch them play with all of their little cousin's and with the kids of old friends. It is amazing to me that in the last five years or so it seems as if everyone has gotten married and started having babies! Life sure is changing, but I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. I think the highlight of the night was the auctioning off of the garter. Apparently where Christy is from this an old tradition, but I had never seen it done before. Given that a lot of our family is in the auctioneering business, it seemed appropriate. Even more amazing is that all of the proceeds went to Riley Children's hospital. The garter brought $1,500.00 and they managed to get another $900.00 from other people to donate. I thought that was pretty cool! Anyway, congratulations to Jeff and Christy now you can finally start your lives together, I wish you nothing but the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment