December 10, 2008

What's on my Tree Wenesday?

What's On My Tree Wednesdays


Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I had to get my What's on my Tree Wednesday post up. I have been busy helping my parents move, which is a story for a whole other post! Anyway I was thinking last week about what is on my tree. To be honest at first glance the answer is a lot of Hallmark ornaments. So, I thought that I would try this week to pay tribute to them by showing you the oldest one on the tree.

101_1525

I was never a big Hallmark ornament fan until I started dating Chris. Now I love them! My MIL got me hooked, her tree was just full of them, and still is. However, she is now missing a few. That's because when we got married she gave us all of the ornaments she had collected for Chris over his 25 years of life. This one, was his first. It began the tradition for her and is now responsible for this tradition for me. All three of my kiddos have two Hallmark keepsake ornament series. Their Nini bought each of them a baby's first Christmas ornament for their first Christmas and then for their second Christmas started their series. I also have a series for them, which I started on their first Christmases. Between our own series (which we both have one going right now) and the kids our tree has filled up quite fast and I love it. Sure I love all those beautiful themed trees that are out there too, but mine is filled with memories! I am sure I still have lots more to come!

So, if you are interested in sharing some of your favorite ornaments with me, go ahead and write a "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post. You can grab the button code right over there on my sidebar. Please link back to me either by using the button or by linking internally within your post. Then come back here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. I know it doesn't look like MckMama's Mr. Linky but it works trust me! Copy and paste the URL of your "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post and then you're done! Then go ahead and start clicking away to visit other people and see whats on their trees too! Remember, I'll be hosting this little carnival until Epiphany, so if you can't participate today, come back next week!



7 comments:

  1. I had quite a few Hallmark ornaments that....say it with me....I lost in the divorce...sigh. But I still have a tree full of memories, new and old. I will have to post a picture of the tree as a whole....its quite full and very pretty if I do say so myself!

    I am loving this Blog Carnival....did ya happen to notice that I beat you to it this week? Color me "Oh so proud of myself!"

    http://green-eyedgurl.blogspot.com/2008/12/whats-on-my-tree-wednesday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up from your dream - If you have not showed me how to do something it's safe to say I can't do it! I am having fun with this ornament post. I can't wait until next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several Hallmark ornaments on our tree as well, including a few from my childhood. They are some of my favorites!
    My ornament is up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm officially linked. I posted earlier than you did but I figured you'd have it up soon after!! I like the Halmark ones too. My mom used to collect them. It was hard since her ornaments were split between me and my brother when she passed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie! I did it!! It was fun. Thanks for doing this.

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looked like so much fun...I joined in!
    It was fun looking at the different trees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, that was seriously sweet of his mom!! I dont know very many women that would do that... Your tree is really beautiful!! ♥ LA

    ReplyDelete