February 13, 2009

Reflections...

101_2050


I am reflecting today. Yes, that is my reflection in the mirror. It seemed an appropriate way to capture what I am feeling right now. I am reflecting because a year ago today I started this blog. My very first post was short and sweet. Yet, it still is a time capsule of our lives. Not much has changed since that first post, sick kids and school parties are still par for the course. But in a way, it seems everything has changed. I could never have imagined a year ago what this blog would become for me. I started it as a scrapbook. A way to keep track of all of the happenings in our lives because my "actual" scrap booking had become very much neglected since Jack was born. I thought it would be a good way to share stories and pictures with family and friends who were far away and those who were a part of our daily lives. I has helped me stay connected to some of those people and to reconnect with others. It has become an outlet for me, both creatively and emotionally. I know I can come here and speak my mind and share my feelings and not feel judged. I have "met" so many wonderful people this year I can't even begin to list them all. They have all touched my life in their own ways. By reminding me not to sweat the small stuff and to live life in the moment. Their stories of triumph and heartache have rocked me to the core. As I took a look at my life today, I realized that this blog and this blogging community have made me a better person, and for that I am truly grateful. So if you are reading this today, whether for the first time or the fiftieth... Thank You.

4 comments:

  1. I could not agree more, with your sentiments. It is amazing what the blog community has to offer. Congratulations on a year of blogging. It will be so nice to see what this next year will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year - congratulations. I'm so very glad we are blog friends. Here's to another year of great times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Katie, for telling us about daily life as a mom and a wife. You're a great mom to your kids, and they are the cutest! I hope your day is going super well, and that you know that Clint Dawg LOVES your insights on life, and your way of thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and how it's real, honest, down to earth and humerous. So glad we are friends and celebrate eachothers good news and help one another through hard times. Cheers to another year!!

    ReplyDelete