Yesterday I went with Kennedy's pre-school class on their very first field trip. We went to our local Marsh grocery store to practice using their five senses. It was so amazing to see in action just how different my girls are! Reagan is such an extrovert, she talks constantly and is always the first one to try something new. Dee is the complete opposite! She kind of hovers towards the back of the crowd and stays quiet. Many people have commented to me that they have hardly ever heard her talk. I always thought that it was because Reagan had such a dominant personality, and Dee Dee just couldn't get a word in edgewise. I previously thought that when Reagan wasn't around, that Dee tended to open up and come out of her shell a little bit. I think I was wrong. Seeing her at school yesterday, she was very shy and reserved. She stayed by me most of the time, and though she answered her teacher's questions, she did it so quietly no one could hear her! Is it possible that they really are just so very different or has Kennedy's personality been shaped by Reagan's? Any ideas?
Dee Dee trying to avoid touching the lobster from the grocery store tank

Shivering in the freezer "behind the scenes"

Back in the classroom eating cookies from the bakery section
I think it is a combo of nature and nurture. The nurture in this case being her exposure to her sister. I come from a family of 4 kids and the age differences are huge from the top to the bottom and we all have completely different personalities. I noticed that my son has had a crazy outgoing personality since he was about 3 months and my best friend's boy is shy and reserved (they are a week apart). So I think everyone is unique! By the way, how did you get your comment thing to say "friends left a note" instead of just comments?
ReplyDeletethat is how it is here my Kerstin is the talker and will talk to anyone Hallie on the other hand is the more shy and won't say much. I hope she grows out of it. I guess in time
ReplyDeleteWe are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
ReplyDeleteI am not a middle child but I think that is the toughest for a child. Dee Dee never used to talk much. But this summer I have seen tremendous change in Dee Dee. The one on one you have started with the girls and their activities you have them in is wonderful. Each child really needs some quality time, where they feel all of their parents love is on them. Even if it is just 5 minutes a day, reading each child their favorite book. I am so proud of her. Doesn't it make it that much more special when she opens up and talks and tells you what she did. Because you know it means that much more to her that she opened up and shared that with you. Because she knows you love her.