Today while Kennedy was at school I had a bunch of errands to do. One of them was to stop by the local pharamacy (Zales) which is owned by my in-laws best friends Gene and Cheryl Zale. Chris has poison ivy and having a pharmacist for a family friend can come in handy in situations like that. Gene offered to make him up some cream to put on it to help the itch. He also makes a wonderful diaper rash cream but that is a story for another time. Anyway, I digress. When we got to the pharmacy, he wasn't there. Luckily for me one of my very good friends from high school, Rachelle, happens to work there. She knew what I was there for and asked if I could wait a bit. I decided (since the kids were hungry and I wasn't in that much of a hurry) to sit and eat lunch at the counter. Zales has this wonderful old fashioned soda fountain/lunch counter that has probably been there since the 60's. We're talking swivel stools and old formica counter tops. It is a local institution and I have very vivid memories of eating there when I was little and then buying some penny candy with my allowance. I can't believe that I never think to eat there, it is so much fun. Reagan and Jack had a blast, and they both looked so grown up sitting on those stools! Of course, it was a picture perfect moment and I didn't have my camera! I whipped out my phone again, because its better than nothing, and started clicking away! We finished up just in time to get Daddy's medicine and then we were on our way. It was just one of those fun little spur of the moment things... I love those! It felt very nostalgic and I hope we can do it again soon! It also reminded me of a post my brother Shawn's best friend Sara wrote about
Zale Drugs the last time she was in town! Go check her out she's super sarcastic and funny and I love that about her!
Eating at the lunch counter...


I played with this one a little on flickr because the colors were off, now it just looks kinda funny to me. Oh well, it is still a cute picture :)

Oh, and I stumbled upon
this giveaway this afternoon. Now I do not usually post about all of the giveaways I see except Rebecca's, but when I went to
this Etsy site the stuff was
sooooo beautiful. So you should go check out the
cinnamonsticks boutique blog and see. Or
just go to the
Etsy site and shop, I know you'll all love it too!
What cute pictures of your kiddos at the fountain bar. I love those kind of places!!
ReplyDeleteAnd about the giveaway...I came across it, too! Isn't her stuff gorgeous? I gotta make sure I leave her webpage open on the computer so that hubby sees it. :)
Hugs,
Ohilda
I wish we had a family owned place like that around here. I remember them when I was a child visiting family in McMinnville, TN. It is a small place that use to have lots of nice places like that. I am feeling really old right now. Your going to have to carry that camera in your purse! Thanks for the site info-I will pay it a visit.
ReplyDeleteKatie, I just read this post today! (Trying to catch up on your life!) I LOVE Zale's...it reminds me so much of being a kid. Everything about it is the same as it was 20 years ago, even the sassy ladies behind the lunch counter :)
ReplyDelete