On Friday night, we sat down to watch a movie together as a family. I told the girls it was "Family Movie Night" and that this was something we were going to start doing all of the time. There are several reasons why I decided to start doing this. One, is that I want us to have traditions, things my kids can look back and remember us doing as a family. Two is Jack is finally old enough to somewhat participate in this activity. Three, I know from experience that if I don't make a point out of doing something, it isn't likely to happen. So, we all took our our places on various couches and watched The Incredibles on the Disney Channel. Now, my kids have seen this movie before but only once, and this time around Reagan LOVED it! I am not surprised, considering that she is obsessed with superheroes right now. It ended up being a really nice, relaxing night at home. I hope this is a tradition I can keep up!
Reagan chillin' on the couch

Jackson, actually sitting still for longer than 5 minutes

Kennedy being a little camera shy - "Mommy, no take my picture!"

Sneaking a shot when she wasn't paying attention!

Okay, isn't it cool that my pictures are so much bigger? Thanks for the tips Rebecca!





What a great way to make some memories that will last a life time. The fact that you sit down with them to watch instead of just letting the TV be the sitter. You seem to be a wonderful mom.
ReplyDelete