September 2, 2008

What's Happenin'

Let me just begin by saying I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend. Although we didn't do much, we did enjoy ourselves. We mostly just stayed home because the kids have had runny noses and fevers and I haven't felt very well myself. We did venture out to Nini's on Saturday night and to a lake party at a friends for a little bit on Sunday. On Monday Chris had to work and the kids and I spent a lazy day at home while I watched a That 70's Show marathon with my little brother JC. I guess you could say that I took a nice little break from blogging, and now I'm back. So, this is what's been happenin' around here...



Yes, that is my baby, my sweet little boy, in the Time-Out corner. I documented this (his first time there) one day last week. Turns out that was his first of many trips there. I don't know what it is but he has been horrible lately. He is hitting,biting, throwing food, and worse! Maybe this is just the terrible two's hitting us a little bit early? I don't know! But, what I do know is that lately when he does something naughty he just gives me this look like, "What are you gonna do about it?" So I decided that he is old enough to sit in the corner! If you are old enough to know that what you are doing is wrong, then you are old enough to be punished. It seems to be affecting him. It sure does hurt his feelings to have to sit there, but I'm not sure it is doing anything to curb the bad behavior. Maybe it'll just take awhile for him to make the connection? I'm open to any suggestions as to another way to approach it...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I would say if he really dislikes the time-out corner, keep doing it! It will just take time for him to learn to control the behavior. He isn't even 2 yet so that will come. Hang in there!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting you from Rebecca’s blog. My oldest is now 27 however; I have two Grand ones ages 7 & 2 that spend lots of time with me. The key is consistency – it is hard at times because we seem to want to break before they do. Don’t give up – I look forward to hearing how it works for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete