September 13, 2008

VolleyBall...

This past week was full of volleyball games. Let me tell ya with 3 younger siblings all in their own sports there is always a game to go to. I can't imagine how my parents do it all! On Tuesday I left Jack @ home with daddy and took the girls with me to my sister Ally's volleyball game. She is in 8th grade and so we're talking major competition here. Reagan was so excited when Ally let her sit next to her on the bench, I think she felt like one of the big girls. Then on Thursday, my other sister Valesca had a game. She is in 5th grade and her game was @ a local elementary school about 15 minutes north of my house. It happened to be in the small town where Chris' grandparents live (and where our first house was). So I took the opportunity to leave Jack with Grandma Shirley and once again the girls went with me to the game. It just so happens that Chris' cousin's daughter Alexis is on Valesca's team so I got to watch her play too. My girls were super excited because both of their Grandma's were in the same place! I ended up staying to take Valesca home from the game because mom and dad had to leave early. Ally had another home game that night and my brother J.C. was at an away football game! I truly do enjoy being able to help out like that. I feel like its one of the little things I can do to give back to my paernts for all they do for me. That, and the kids help me out too when I need a babysitter or need to run a quick errand. 15 years ago when my parents told me they were going to adopt a baby, I couldn't see this far into the future. I didn't realize that one day I would be all grown up with a family of my own. But then again I couldn't have imagined they'd end up adopting two more either! I was just a 13 year old girl who thought it would be cool to have a baby sister. I never could have imagined that there would be a time where I was more like another parent to them than a sister. I can only hope that one day the same is true of their relationship to my kids. In the meantime, Reagan and Valesca will continue to fight as if they were sisters and ya'll can enjoy these super boring pics and video from the volleyball games!

P.S. Ally is #13, Valesca is #19 , and Alexis is #3 and yes, those are my little hooligans hanging over the edge of the bleachers!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!!!

    I am going to have to try making one of those montages. That is really cool!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday. Thought I would drop in and let ya know I nominated you for a bloggy award. Check it out on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete