September 12, 2008

My Sweet Little Girl



Today while Dee Dee was @ school and Jackson was napping, I sat down with Reagan to play the miniature kid's meal version of Chutes and Ladders she got recently. I know I should be partial to Arby's but hey, I was craving some Wendy's and sometimes even I need a fast food change. Apparently right now they have Hasbro toy games, i.e. Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, Cootie, Barrel of Monkeys. All of these classic games that I grew up with. Let me just say that Reagan thought Chutes and Ladders was the coolest game, and she had a blast playing it. She was so sweet about it too! As we were nearing the top of the board, I fell down the longest chute all the way back to the bottom. Reagan looked up at me and said, "Don't worry mom, I'll let you win!" How amazing is that? To be honest, I was glad I fell. I was a little concerned that if I beat her it would hurt her feelings. But, knowing that my child has the capacity to feel empathy for another person is amazing. To think that the whole time we were playing she was just as concerned about hurting my feelings. I must be doing something right! Anyway, I thought it was such a cute story I had to share it. Plus, now I think I might try to find the big version of Chutes and Ladders for her birthday, according to the website it is only $8.99! That's only a few bucks more than the kid's meal!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like your sweet little girl has a sweet little mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got that cute little Chutes and Ladders game from Wendy's too. The kids love it!! We have the full size Dora chutes and ladders but it has cards instead of dice. I don't like it as well. We may have to get the full size version as well.

    ReplyDelete