Okay so I am totally stalking MckMama's blog. I probably check it at least 3 times a day. Hey, I'm a stay at home mom did you think I had better things to do? Anyway she is starting this thing called "Not, Me" Monday. I guess it is supposed to be about freeing yourself of the guilt from all of the things you did or didn't do during the week. Hers are hilarious, and I totally identify with her! It sounded like fun to me, so I thought I'd play along! Here is my list of the things I definitely did not do this week...
I did not forget that my son slept through dinner last night. I totally fed him when he woke up. He did NOT eat fruit snacks and a banana just because I didn't feel like making a mess in the kitchen.
I did not let the girls go to bed on Sat. night without a bath. Their Nini told me that they swam in the lake that day and so of course I asked the babysitter to bathe them. I wouldn't have forgotten that little tidbit as I was rushing out the door. That would just be gross.
I did not ignore the ever growing pile of dirty clothes on the laundry room floor, and I did not have to re-wash the load of towels that was in the washing machine because they sat in it for two days getting all mildewy.
Last but certainly not least, I absolutely did not buy a bag of Mint Milanos at the store and hide them from my husband and kids. That just wouldn't be fair and I would totally feel guilty about eating them.
WOW, that actually was very freeing, you should try it! I had fun, I think I may do this again next Monday. Anyone care to join me?





I so have done the laundry thing too!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! The colors are beautiful!
Just thought I'd pop over and say hi!
I followed the link from MkMama's blog, which I am also stocking!! I feel like I am obsessed or something. :o) It was fun to do the Not me's, and I had to rewash towels this weekend myself, but forgot to include that in my list!
ReplyDeleteMint Malanos are my favorite store bought cookie!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo is this the grown up version of when your kids say "it wasn't me!" or "ida know did it?" I have searched my house high and low for Ida Know and have never once found her...
ReplyDeletei just commented on the person above you on mckmama's blog that i left towels in the washer for about a week once. eeewwwww!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteToo funny!! I may join you next Monday. I'm really having fun reading your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteOhilda
I have done that so many times with my laundry!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!
ReplyDeleteToo funny. :)
Ok, I am so not stalking you, but I wanted to reply about my 101 list and when I clicked on your profile I noticed you like Anita Shreve books! I got into them after finishing almost all of Jodi Picoult's books. Not sure why I felt the need to comment on that, but I am easily amused apparently!
ReplyDelete