September 8, 2008

What Were They Thinking!!!

I had a nice wonderful post all planned out for today, all about my typical trip to the grocery store. It would have been light, fun, and hopefully interesting. Alas, you folks will have to wait until tomorrow for that one. Because, tonight while I was making dinner Reagan came upstairs and said, "Um, Mom I have somethin' to tell you. I'm sorry I cut Dee Dee's hair." My jaw just about dropped to the floor! I called Kennedy upstairs and sure enough there was a huge hunk of hair missing from the back. In Reagan's defense, it wasn't her idea, it was Dee's. They both fully admitted to doing it and took their punishments like champs. That however, does not make me any less sad about the loss of my middle child's beautiful hair! I think I am less upset about the fact that they cut it than I am about the fact that now I have to take her and chop the rest of it all off. I know that probably sounds really vain, but I LOVED her hair. I had so much fun playing with it. Remember those perfect ponytails? I know it just hair, and it will grow back, but I cringe at the thought of her having a pixie cut in her very first school picture. So instead of a happy feel good post, you get this. A sad momma, who even in the midst of punishing them, took the time to snap a picture...


101_0739

7 comments:

  1. oh no I can't believe that. Dee Dee did have such pretty hair. But she will look cute with short hair like Reagan did... Can't wait to see the finished look cut by a professional

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my blog on June 24th - yes, it grows back...slowly...very slowly. I agree with rach, she is such a beautiful girl the short hair will be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is one of my worst fears too. I am so sorry! In hindsight it WILL be funny I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. I remember when Cole cut Chole's beautiful long, curly hair. He cut her ENTIRE ponytail off! And it was on the top of her head, in the front, and all the way to her scalp! I was mortified. I spent months combing the side that was left over and clipping it to try to hide it. She had a half-mullett! Unfortunatley, I didn't take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh...so sorry! But you'll love the short hair too. And my dad says that making memories is the stuff of life! You'll blink...and they'll be all grown up! Be sure to post a pic of the new "do"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through Barbie's blog Moments memories and milestones. Am I ever glad I did. So sorry about your daughters hair, but I have no doubt that even with short hair she will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you could donate the "new" haircut to Locks of Love. Perhaps something good can come out of this mishap. I sympathize. I worked with a little girl whose brother took the clippers to the FRONT of her hair. I bought crocheted headbands for her to wear to cover up the extremely short "bangs"/naked forehead and scalp.

    ReplyDelete