November 3, 2008

Not Me! Monday



Time for another addition of Not Me! Monday... I just love Mondays, don't you? Even though MckMama may not be participating this week since she just brought her little miracle baby Stellan home from the hospital, I still wanted to post all of my Not Me's! So here are just a few things that I did not do this week!

I did not let the kids eat chocolate chip cookies for lunch one day this week because I was too lazy to make them a real lunch.

I did not convince Dee Dee to be a poodle for Halloween simply because I did not want to buy a new costume. I would never force my child to wear her sisters hand-me-downs just to save a few bucks.

I did not swap Jack's Halloween costume with his cousin's at the last minute. His costume was not too small and I was not so much happier with the adorable skunk costume Chris' cousin had bought. Her son did not look equally adorable in the chicken costume I had planned for Jack.

I did not wake up at 6:30 on Sunday cursing daylight savings time. I was not selfishly hoping that I would get an extra hour of sleep and that my kiddos little bodies would not notice the time change.


I did not jump at the chance to add a new puppy to our family yesterday, when some friends asked us if we wanted her. She is not the cutest little thing I have ever seen (besides my kiddos) and I did not already post pictures and blog about her last night.

I did not forget how much work a puppy is. I am not already exhausted from chasing her around the house this morning. I am not taking advantage of her nap to leave her on the couch with Reagan so that I can write my Not Me! Monday post!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love that you have to take advantage of a puppy's nap to get blogging time in! Sounds like a newborn! I don't blame you for trying to get more use out of a costume. Those suckers ae expensive to use just once. Did you get any envelopes yet? I'm dying to know what my prize is. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT think as I was reading your post: I'm so glad it's Katie's puppy and not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do NOT look forward to Monday's b/c you just do NOT make me smile! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, we had cheese and crackers one day for lunch... Whatever works huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate chip cookies for lunch?! Too funny! I would totally do that, cause I'd be eating them right along with the kids! Sounds yummy!

    Daylight savings sucks...messed everything up! Ugh! Love your blog design by the way. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list of Not-Me's! Thanks for sharing.

    Puppies are SO much work. Can't wait to read about your journey as you start the "potty-training" phase. Isn't it arguably just as challenging (if not more) than training your own kids? LOL!

    I also loved your tidbit about daylight savings time. I usually try to wake up earlier than my kids to have some desperately needed alone time. However, the last few days, I have been joined by my son...at 5:00 am! HELP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son wore the same costume as last year. It did not give him a slight wedgie, and save me $40. I love your blog design by the way!

    ReplyDelete