November 7, 2008

Flu Fest 2008

So, yesterday was a really long day around here. I actually didn't even have the energy to blog last night, which for me was weird. To make a long story short, Reagan was sick. I would have thought it was too early for the flu, but I guess I was wrong. I had gone out to a party at my SIL's house on Wednesday and while I was still out I got a call from my babysitter. This is a sitter who NEVER calls, so I knew something was wrong. Apparently, Reagan was throwing up and so I ended up cutting my night short and coming home. She already had her in the bathtub by the time I got there. Can I just say I am so grateful for my excellent babysitter! So we spent that night with a sick kiddo in our bed who continued to trow up periodically through the night. I don't know about any of you other moms out there, but I have not ever slept the same since I had children. I feel like I always sleep with one ear open, listening to make sure they are okay. When one of them is sick, that is amplified. Chris is amazed at how I can be sleeping and hear the puke coming, sit straight up in bed, grab the big bowl, and catch it before it hits the covers. What can I say, I guess its just instinct. But, whatever it is it still make for a lousy nights sleep. So, exhausted as I was yesterday I still had a sick child and the puppy. To top it all off, my husband decided to stay home from work to "help" me. He then proceeded to get sick and I ended up with one more person to take care of. I snapped this shot early last night after all of the kiddos had fallen asleep watching a movie in the girl's room. Isn't it just so cute how Jack is nestled right in between them? I couldn't resist, because even after the really long day I had to smile when I saw them like this. I just hope it doesn't mean I am in for flu fest round two with Dee Dee or Jack.

101_1409

4 comments:

  1. I like how both girls are angled away from him. It's like he has the middle all to himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arms up over the heads, healthy happy kids!

    I hope everyone is better, I heard there is a bug going around, I had a sick 16 yr old home on Monday.

    For awhile I slept a little more soundly as they got older, then I had a daughter hit the teen years, and now, well, I hardly sleep at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I know exactly what you're saying though! I hear everything at night...Jase is a rock. Here's hoping that the rest of you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is adorable. I hate the flu, and it is so true about the sleeping thing. Never been the same for me either.

    I hope you do not get, it is so hard when Mommy gets sick....We will praying this all passes soon for your family.

    ReplyDelete