November 5, 2008

A Little Election Humor

I am glad the election is over.

Though I may not be happy with the outcome, I am glad it is over. I am scared and unsure of what is to come. I pray that Obama will be what is right for our country. I pray that those did not support him will now. I can only hope that as a nation, we can unite as one and go forward.

And jsut to show you that I am not a sore loser, I have a bit of election day humor to share with you...

206196381

Though I am not sure everyone would agree with this sentiment, I do believe Reagan would. My Reagan that is... not President Reagan. For those of you who don't already know, Reagan's pre-school teacher is her Nini (Grandma). Where a kid is concerned who could possibly make a better President than Grandma? Apparently yesterday they had a lesson on the election and all of the kids voted. Then after school I picked her up and took her with me to go vote. As we were standing in the little booth, she reached up to pull on my shirt and says...


"Mom, are you voting for the white guy or the black guy?"


I just about died right there. I could hear everyone in the room laughing as I leaned down and told her I would tell her later and she need to be quiet. Oh, the things that come from the mouths of children. I guess that will be the last time I take a five year old with me to vote.

12 comments:

  1. Very well said, Katie! Now we can move on and continue in prayer for our great country and look forward for what is to come. How simple life is for a five year old and oh, how precious our lil' babes are! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! They are so honest and just speak whatever is on their little minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that kids don't think before they speak. It is so funny what comes out sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! And well said, my friend! I believed yesterday that God was in control and I still do today. I'm praying for Obama to be the President he needs and is called to be.
    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that is left is prayer and hope. I believe that the aftermath of happiness of the majority will provide a boost in the economy and things will get better. I am not happy with the choice, in case you all didn't notice who I was voting for...but I will now stand behind and prayer for our president and trust in him.

    As for little Miss Reagan, oh how precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, kids are so cute. I bet you wish you had that on video...

    Pray, pray, pray is all we can do. God must have a bigger plan than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldnt'have said it better myself!! And yay, who wouldnt want their granmaw for pres!!? I sure do! L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake wrecks has returned to my sidebar!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie,

    That hilarious about Reagan in the voting booth! Yep...out of the mouth of babes.

    I, too, am not happy with the outcome, but I DO know that God sits on the throne and I have to trust that it was His will.

    May God continue to bless America.

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious. I am happy to hear that other people are ready to come together as a nation and not tear down the guy. Can't we all just get along...
    I found your site from A Wrinkle in Time. Very cute, I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your philosophy on Obama about uniting together and supporting him is right on, Katie, and we, together as a country, we all need to do that! I think he'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete