November 19, 2008

Thank God for Small Miracles

I'm busted!

Last night, the hubby looked at me and said, "Just how many blogs do you read now anyway! Do you even know these people?" The fact that I couldn't even answer because I honestly don't know is not good. He made the suggestion that since I really need to get my house ready for Thanksgiving (to be hosted here on Sunday) that maybe I should take a few days off from blogging. Much as this saddens me, I know he is probably right. The problem is that even though I do not know many of you in the sense that he thinks I should, I truly feel like I do. This is my support community whether he likes it or not. So, rest assured that I will be back and if I do have a free moment I will be checking in on all of you! But I will leave you with one final story.

Yesterday, I kept Reagan home from school because she had a little bit of a fever and was acting worn down. This threw off my whole schedule and therefore I did not get nearly as much done as I had wanted to. It also meant that Jack didn't fall asleep in the car like he usually does. I found him on the floor in my bedroom, picked him up and transferred him to my bed. Of course, this made him cry and so Dee Dee laid down next to him and was trying to comfort him. I just walked away thinking "great, now he won't even get a nap!" When I returned a few minutes later, this is what I found...

101_1498


Aren't they just too precious? Thank God for small miracles, like a child who gets his nap. The last thing I needed yesterday was for him to be grouchy! Until next time ya'll!

14 comments:

  1. You're leaving just as I was getting to know you! LOL!! But, I totally understand! My husband made a comment that there are other things more important that blogs! LOL! It's so fun, and you'r so right, it's our outlet!! I'm sure he'd rather me blogging than chatting on the phone all day! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..I forgot to say that I love that picture!! There is just something so angelic about sleeping children!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am gonna miss you, but I know you will be back full force before we know it. I tend to read more blogs than I blog on mine, but maybe I will get better about that.

    Have a great early holiday, we did ours last Sunday, so I think perhaps this weekend we will work on some decorating.

    That picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, when kids are sick...there's just no telling what the day will turn out to be. Your little ones falling asleep is a miracle on a day like that! I bet you were relieved. Hopefully it was a nice loooooong nap for you (and them)! Good luck preparing for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be gone long - you are my blog support you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is such a cute pic. Hey do always have to listen to our husbands. lol. you are good at your blog. tell him at least you are not out spending money. lol
    kim Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! LOVE the picture. It is such a blessing to capture those moments between our children.

    Hurry Back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time off! Have a fabulous time with your family! And your kiddos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small little miracles are indeed the best!! I am right there with you...if my little boy doesn't get a nap then he will crabby ALL evening long!! What a precious picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spend WAY too much time bloggin than I need too. Enjoy your time off with the family. Until you post again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing like pics of sleeping babies. Soooo cute!!

    Have a great Thanksgiving feast. Take lotsa pics!

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    PS (I know what you mean about "knowing" your bloggy friends. I feel like I "know" mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to miss you.. Loved that photo.. My hubby feels the same way, so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely precious!
    Thank you for that heartwarming story on a cold Thursday morning!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we'll see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete