November 26, 2008

What's on my Tree Wednesday?

What's On My Tree Wednesdays


It is finally here folks, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! Time for my very first "What's on my Tree Wednesday"! It feel like I have been waiting forever for this day to come! While I was putting up my tree this past weekend I couldn't help but look over all of the ornaments, they are all so special to me that I had a hard time deciding which one to share first. I finally settled on this one.


101_1527



This is my little family, all five of us. Well not really, it is really a dough ornament that is representative of my family. But, you get my point. Now don't get me wrong, I truly believe that Jesus is the reason for the season, but if I had to pick another reason, it would be family. Not to brag, but I do have a wonderful family! My MIL gave me this ornament the year Jack was born. Even though it is now two Christmases old it still suits us. It is still just the five of us, and barring the miracle re-growth of my fallopian tubes, it should stay that way! Plus, being that we live in northern Indiana we are HUGE Indianapolis Colts fans. So when my MIL ordered it for us, she had us all dressed in blue and white to show our support. The ornament itself came from a little company called Mistletoe Memories. They have lots of different designs to fit any one's family and they personalize for free. Maybe the other reason I like this ornament so much is because it isn't the first one of it's kind that she ever gave me. I have others too, one from the year we got married that just has Chris and I on it, and the ones she got us after each of the girls were born. I enjoy putting all of them on the tree each year and contemplating the evolution of my little family. I think personalized ornaments are really special, and that is the main reason I chose to share this one first. I wanted to share a little bit of who I am, in hopes that you all will come back and share your ornaments with me!

If you are interested in sharing some of your favorite ornaments, go ahead and write a "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post. You can grab the button code right over there on my sidebar. Please link back to me either by using the button or by linking internally within your post. Then come back here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. Copy and paste the URL of your "What's on my Tree Wednesday" post and then you're done! Then go ahead and start clicking away to visit other people and see whats on their trees too! Remember, I'll be hosting this little carnival until Epiphany, so if your tree isn't up yet, come back next week!

*UPDATED* OKAY, SO APPARENTLY MY MR. LINKY IS NOT WORKING THE WAY I EXPECTED IT TO. IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MckMAMA'S BUT IT DOES WORK. IF YOU CLICK ON YOUR'E NEXT IT WILL TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER PAGE WHERE THE LINKS SHOW UP. I'LL WORK ON IT FOR NEXT WEEK PEEPS! I'M AFRAID TO MESS WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I were home so I could play along with you this week! Oh, by the way, I found out that the blog frog thing is a scam. It is computer generated and makes up visitors based on your friends list. Sad, but I removed it. If you look it has you visiting your own site. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty! I did it. It didn't seem to show up right, so just in here is the link also,
    http://green-eyedgurl.blogspot.com/2008/11/whats-on-my-tree-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what? I went to the post office yesterday and mailed you something! About time hum??? Hope you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi katie!

    i love this blog carnival. your MIL is such a kind and thoughtful lady. i love her!

    kate

    http://clickdidyouhanguponme.blogspot.com/2008/11/whats-on-my-tree-wednesday-112608.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that ornament!
    And I can't wait to play along - next week, after my tree is up!

    ReplyDelete