Oh yes folks, it is that time of the week again! I just love Mondays, I really do. What better way to get a good laugh and make yourself feel just a little more normal. Cause I tell ya, when you're couped up inside a house with three people under the age of five, you really start to doubt your own normalcy! For those of you reading, I am happy to provide you with you weekly dose of not feeling so alone in the world! So, if you didn't come from there already, head on over to MckMama's blog and read her Not Me's! Poop in the heater... Maybe my week wasn't so bad! Here are some of the things that were not so bad about it...
1. I did not spend the whole week cleaning my house, only to host my family Thanksgiving on Sunday and end the day feeling like my house was messy all over again. I did not question why I bother to clean in the first place.
2. I did not wake up at 5 a.m. to put my turkey in the oven, totally overestimating the amount of time it would take to cook. It was not done by 10, only to sit and wait for my guests to arrive at noon.
3. I did not break out my Christmas tree at midnight on Friday and decide to put it up. I most cetainly did not then become too exhausted to finish it and leave it until the next morning to decorate. I would never do that because I always finish what I start.
4. I did not blame myself for giving in to Reagan when she asked for a glass of water even though it was way past bedtime. I was not completely frustrated by the fact that it was 10 o'clock and they were not asleep yet! I did not then selfishly force both girls to sleep in the wet sheets after Reagan spilled said glass of water in their bed! UGH!
5. I did not forget in the hustle and bustle of yesterday, that Jack needed to have a nap. He did not then fall asleep hanging off of his chair after finishing his applesauce at dinner. I did not then take this picture because he was just too cute for words!

6. I did not cheat on my hubby imposed blog break and still check in on a few of my "friends" late at night. I did not realize during this break that I am tottally addicted to my blog and all of the blogs I read. I do not love Not Me! Monday and I was not dying to return just to be able to post my Not Me's!
By the way don't forget about my first "Whats on my Tree Wednesday" post, coming up in two days! Please check back in with me and join in on the carnival fun!





Love your not me's and your snazzy blog!! :0)
ReplyDeletelol- your little man is to cute..
ReplyDeleteI love sleeping kid pictures..
Man, your turkey looks so good & juicy!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of your son sleeping! Too cut!
I am so glad you are back. I keep thinking I should join in this not me Monday. I look at all of you with the young kids and laugh at you, I am just afraid my life with teenagers kind of posts will scare the heck out of all of you! You have no idea of the road ahead, you are oh so painfully naive! (hehehe) At this point in their little lives, they do understand that "mommy knows best" just wait til they get older and "wiser" in their own minds and they begin to tell you just how little you know. Oh it is oh so fun!
ReplyDeleteOH - Trust me - this blog addiction thing is not so bad until, well, I have to confess this I guess, I now have my comment notifier set up on my email account that goes to my Blackberry, just so I can know right away when I have a new comment. Now tell me, how sad is that, especially when my office is in my home and I have two computers in the office, the work one and my laptop, just so I can keep in touch. I do honestly shut down the laptop and ignore it sometimes just so I can get some work done!
ReplyDeleteBlogging is addicting and I love that picture- how cute!!
ReplyDeleteI have truly enjoyed visiting your blog. You indeed crack me up and I love the picture of your little man - it is just too cute!! Thanks for sharing you Not Me! Mondays. Your turkey looks yummy!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he fell asleep like that. Too cute! :o)
ReplyDeleteThat pic is too cute! My 2 year old has fallen asleep in her food before! And I surely DID NOT take a picture of that!
ReplyDeleteNice job with the turkey! I let my mom take care of that - I will need to try at some point ..... not right now. Glad your back.
ReplyDeleteThose are great Katie!! :o)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of your little man sound asleep on the chair. It looks like he was trying to get in the chair and decided to take a little break first! Too cute and great Not Me's!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog and your Not Me!s Your family is adorable! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletecold turkey is good too.
ReplyDeletecute little sleepy boy.
I had the same exact thoughts on cleaning!!! My son's 1st bday party was Saturday...I cleaned right up until people got there and then by night I looked around and couldn't really tell...and just wondered if I should bother next time...lol...
ReplyDeleteThat bird rocks! Don't ya just love a perfectly browned turkey! Talk about comfort food...you did great! So glad you had a good time with your family...and thanks for the Monday smile you put on my face!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Glad your back!! Sweet Jack looks so cute in the picture sleeping over the chair. Poor baby.
ReplyDeleteAnd girl...that turkey looks YUMMERS!!!!
Hugs,
Ohilda
Mmmmm. Yummy turkey! Don't worry, you're not the only one addicted to blogs, I blog in my head all day long!
ReplyDeleteThis was way to cute... I am so addicted, yet so far behind.. See, I can't stop =)
ReplyDelete