November 17, 2008

The BIG Reveal... "What's on my Tree Wednesday"

What's On My Tree Wednesdays


There it is guys, this is my big idea. " Whats on my Tree Wednesday!" I LOVE Christmas!!! One of my favorite things about Christmas is the tree. I love decorating it and reliving all of the memories that each of my ornaments holds. I have my favorites of course, old ones, new ones, the ones I made as a child. So, I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to take pictures of some of my favorite ornaments this year and share them on the blog. The more I thought about it, the more excited I got. Then I started thinking... what if EVERYONE could share their favorite ornaments? Now, I am no MckMama, but I was thinking... wouldn't it be fun to host a blog carnival?! So, with a little research, some input from friends, and major help from Rebecca who created the button, I think I figured out how to do it!

So, here is the plan. Beginning the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I will start sharing pictures of my favorite ornaments on our tree along with the stories behind them. I plan to keep doing this every Wednesday until Epiphany. I will attempt to put up a Mr. Linky so that anyone else who wants to can join in the fun and then come back here and add their post to the list. The button, along with the code will be in my sidebar for anyone who wants to grab it.

I really hope that everyone will be as excited as I am about this! Please consider joining in even if you can't commit to doing it every Wednesday. If you know anyone else who loves Christmas as much as I do, spread the word and invite them to participate! Happy Tree decorating!

17 comments:

  1. I just stopped by to browse your blog. It is a cozy place...I think I'll come back and visit again, if you don't mind! I saw your post prior to this about the snow. You must live in the midwest...because we had snow this weekend too. Today it really snowed. It's pretty, but it seems early to me this year!
    It's nice to meet you...thanks for letting me have a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea and worth the wait, I must say! I will play, but it won't be until the fist or second week of Dec. We will be out of town and I won't get a chance to take any pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I am a Christmas freak...in fact this year I have said multiple times to my husband: "I'm just so excited for Christmas!". He then stares at me like the nut I am. I would love to participate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea, hopefully I will get my stuff out to start on time with you.. If not I just might have an excuse to buy something new....

    Great idea, can't wait to see what everyone will share about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea, I am glad you got someone to do the button! I am so looking forward to joining you and all your bloggy friends. I don't have my tree up yet. But I am sitting here thinking about all the ornaments. I can't wait to put on the tree. Ornaments have become very special to me since Austin was born. I remember who got him what, and when. Can't wait to share what's on my tree Wednesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea- it will be fun to see all the special ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, I am so in! I just bought a new one this weekend at Hobby Lobby that is just so darned cute I may start early! I think Kels and I are going to put up her "Pink Flamingo" tree this weekend, you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait!! I know it will be so much fun!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THIS! I WILL BE BACK!
    Always up for a GOOD CARNIVAL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay- I might be able to do this..... 2 times in a week arent' you impressed? ps- I'm at work breaking all the interent rules! shan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good, friend! You did a great job holding off revealing it too! I kept waiting for you to slip up! ha! I'm on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea. I love this & will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I'll definitely try to post once or twice. Of course, I love Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi katie.
    this is a really neat idea. i'll try to play along. thanks for the button!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have stumbled upon you today, but I wanted to say (other than hello!) that this is such a fun idea! I will be back to participate, lots of our ornaments have good stories behind them!
    BTW your blog is adorable - love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for coming by today!
    I love this idea! My tree isn't up - not even here yet, but when I do - I will be a posting!!

    ReplyDelete