October 12, 2008

Fun in the Pumpkin Patch

It must be that time of year again, because it seems like every blog I've visited this weekend included cute pictures of smiling children in a pumpkin patch. Well this one is no different people. Yesterday was a gorgeous day here! It was 80 degrees, and that is really warm for October in Indiana. My MIL had the wonderful idea to go west, and take all of the kids to the pumpkin patch! I must admit that this is not a trip I would have ventured to take on my own! It was exhausting! However with help it was a really fun day. We all piled into my van (Nini, me, my kiddos, my SIL Rachael, and my nephew Austin) and took the 40 min drive. I do believe it was worth it though! They had pumpkins, hayrides, face painting, balloon animals, we even ended the day with an apple dumpling! Reagan had a butterfly painted on her face, and Jack was supposed to be a pirate. Dee Dee didn't want her face painted so we convinced her to let them paint some pumpkins on her arm. Austin wanted Spiderman and everywhere we went, people said "oh look at the Spiderman!" He though he was pretty cool stuff! We took the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and each of us got to pick our own pumpkin, the kids loved that. You should have seen them, agonizing over which one was the right one. To steal a word from Rebecca, I was a mamarazzi. I took so many pictures even I couldn't keep up. It isn't any wonder why at the end of the day, when I really wanted that perfect group shot of my kiddos that it took six or seven shots to get it! Thank you so much Nini for a wonderful day that I'm sure I will be hearing about until at least Christmas! Anyway, enjoy my little video of our day at the pumpkin patch, that last shot was worth it all!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Katie! We too visited the pumpkin patch this weekend!! Woohoo for pumpkins! Thanks for sharing! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good you got the memo. You know, the pumpkin patch weekend one! :o) It looks like everyone had a great time. This weekend has been pretty full. Yesterday pumpkin patch and apple picking and today Columbas day parade and festival. I am so tired I just wantt o sleep through tomorrow...oh wait Nathan might have something to say about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey mamarazzi woman!! You took a LOT of pictures!! Holy cow! You went west?? We went east... your pumpkin patch looks so cool!!! We'll have to try that one next year. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete