Okay so technically it is Sunday night still, but I wanted to get a jump start on my Not Me! Monday post. I must say that I think I probably get more enjoyment out of doing these than any of you who are reading. There is something so freeing about honesty. Plus, I guess it makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only mom out there who isn't "perfect". Here are some of the things I did not do the past week...
I did not put Jack to bed wearing a pair of Kennedy's old Ariel jammies. I would never dress him in girly clothes, even if it was only to sleep in. I wouldn't want him to grow up with a complex or anything!
I did not not realize that Kennedy had peed her pants @ the McDonald's playplace. I certainly was not so wrapped up in my conversation that I forgot to ask her if she needed to go potty. I would never have let her keep playing only to notice her wet pants as I was buckling her into her car seat.
I would never make cookie dough from scratch without intending to make cookies. I certainly would not just eat said cookie dough because that would be gross and unhealthy! Further more, I would not justify eating it by telling my kids that they couldn't have it because it was yucky diet food and they wouldn't like it. I wouldn't have wanted them to get salmonella poisoning right?
Finally, I did not simply turn on the TV when Reagan came to my room in the middle of the night saying she had a nightmare. I did not just go back to sleep and let her stay awake by herself watching Noggin for 2 hours. What kind of horrible mother would do that? I did not then let her sleep until noon the next day because I knew she needed to catch up on her sleep.
Does any one else out there want to join in the fun and free yourself from the burden of the things you did or did not do recently? Seriously people, I am saving thousands of dollars in therapy here, I wonder if I can say the same for my kids?





calling cookie dough diet food- that is too funny!
ReplyDeleteI love your list this week, Katie! I, like you, get a bigger kick out of writing the post than people get from reading it. Sometimes it makes me laugh out loud at myslef, which we all need sometimes. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! My son asked to wear his sister pj's--ofcourse I did not let him.
ReplyDeleteI prefer bread dough to cookie dough.....yum!
ReplyDeletelol- I would love me some diet cookie dough..
ReplyDeleteNoggin was eduacational right? You were just helping your daughter learn..lol.
Okay, I’m finally catching up on all I’ve missed. I have to say my favorite is the “moon” picture – he will not be liking that one when he is older!
ReplyDeleteI have NEVER turned the TV on for the kids and gone back to sleep in the middle of the night. *gasp* Ever.
ReplyDeleteKennedy is a great name! I have a Kennedie myself! Great not me posts! I haven't done a lot of those same things too!
ReplyDeleteAdorable site! I love that you enjoy writing the posts...I enjoy getting the comments...I am addicted to comments! I will visit again!
ReplyDeleteAnd, PS...as noggin says it is preschool on TV...there is NO GUILT in that!!!
Got to love Noggin.
ReplyDeleteDiet food! I may (not) have to use that one.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't this free therapy feel good?
BTW, your blog is adorable!
I was laughing out loud at the cookie dough. I WILL NOT be using that one. And I am NOT going to pick up some at the store this morning because now I have a craving!
ReplyDelete:)
AMie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com
I just got to read your "Not Me! Monday" thoughts and laughed out loud! Thanks for the laugh! I have never used Noggin as a child comforter and lullaby instrument...never....ha! My daughter is four and will have, shall we say, a stinky raisin wedged between her cheeks (the bottom ones) for hours before I check her. Gross, but true! "Why didn't you tell mommie you had poopy on you?" And she says, "You didn't ask!" Go figure! Have a happy day - Thursday!
ReplyDelete