This is a picture I found on the Families thru International Adoption Website. It is the earliest photo (that I know of) that we have of her!
October 18, 2008
Happy Birthday Valesca!
Today is my baby sister's 11th birthday. I can hardly believe that she is turning 11! My how time does fly. A little over 9 years ago my parents brought her home from Guatemala and our lives changed forever. (See this post) She was the cutest little baby with chubby little chipmunk cheeks! I nicknamed her Gus Gus, like the mouse from Cinderella. There were many nights she slept with me in my bed because she was too scared to sleep alone. I used to sing You are my Sunshine over and over again to calm her down. Little did I know then all that she must have been going through. Looking @ my Jack, who is almost two... I can't imagine how it must have been for her to be uprooted from everything she had ever known. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I love being a big sister to her, and I love that my girls have a younger and much cooler Aunt to look up too. We love you Valesca, have a wonderful birthday!
This is a picture I found on the Families thru International Adoption Website. It is the earliest photo (that I know of) that we have of her!
This is a picture I found on the Families thru International Adoption Website. It is the earliest photo (that I know of) that we have of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Katie,
ReplyDeleteValesca's adorable and you sound like an amazing big sister!
Ohilda