It is time for another Not Me! Monday ya'll. Time to put on our big girl panties and own up to all the wonderfully embarrassing, yet funny things we did not do this week ! If you have fun reading my Not Me's! head on over to MckMama's blog and get a load of the stuff she did not do this week. Don't forget to drop her a note and say a little prayer for baby Stellan who will be making his grand entrance into the world in two days! And without further ado...
1. I did not walk away from my computer one day last week to find an entire container of parmesan cheese had been stolen out of the fridge, and then dumped on my bedroom floor. I did not then vacuum up said cheese and return to the computer, leaving the vacuum in the hallway. My children did not seize this opportunity to take off the the front of the vacuum(the part that holds all of the icky dirt, dust, and now cheese) and dump it and all of it's contents onto the floor. I did not then have to vacuum up the whole mess again!
2. I did not avoid going to the grocery store until Friday afternoon so that I wouldn't have to take the kids with me. I did not then force my husband to stay home with them explaining to him that there was no way I could handle all three kids @ the grocery on a Friday. I did not enjoy shopping without them.
3. I did not convince Chris to take his trimmers to Jacks hair because he was in desperate need of a hair cut. I did not hold his head still while he screamed all so I wouldn't have to dress him, load him in the car, and take him to the barber.
4. The electricity in my house was not off for an hour this morning. When it did not go out, I did not call the power company simply to make sure I had paid the bill. I always know exactly what bills have been paid and which ones haven't or don't need to be. I was not relieved to find out that I had paid the bill, and that a few other people had reported the power outage.
5. I was not struck by how much I depend on the television while the power was out and Jack kept bringing me the remote and screaming DORA! I do not pacify my children with cartoons in the mornings so I can blog and check other blogs. I was not anxiously awaiting the power coming back on simply so I could write my Not Me! Monday post!





I don't use television so I can blog, "Guppie, don't you want to watch Sesame Street?" ;)
ReplyDeleteCountryMom
Funny!! My sweet hubby certainly does not scold me for leaving the vacuum out just about every day I vacuum!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Ohilda
Where exactly is the vacuum supposed to go anyway? We'll just have to use it in half an hour anyway so why put it somewhere it is difficult to get to!
ReplyDeleteI cracked up at your "big girl panties" reference! You are too much. I feel for you with the TV as a pacifier. Nathan now grabs the remote and yells "gardigans" (Backyardigans)at the TV when we get home at night!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny. You are so good at this
ReplyDeletekim
You are so stinkin' funny! As always, makin' me smile!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday to you,
Kam
Oh, I can not relate to any of this. So sad you just reminded me of one I forgot to list...
ReplyDeleteI don't enjoy shopping by myself either. I love the chaos that three children bring to the grocery store!
ReplyDeleteHere is a word of wisdom from a mom who has been there, done that....go to Wally World and the grocery store late at night after kids are in bed and hubby is home - but watching the kids is a relatively simple task, because, well, they are asleep!
ReplyDeleteI used to do this every week, and I only took cash to spend, less people in the store to run into and get sidetracked talking to, I could keep track of what I was spending, get thru relatively quickly, and the kids weren't slipping surprise purchases in the cart for me to discover at the checkout! I actually saved an average of $25 or more a week doing this!
Ahahahahahahaha!!!!
ReplyDeleteI Looooooove bringing the kids shopping with me... what are you talking about??? LOL.
Oh, and my 2 year old SO does NOT scream for Diego in the mornings!!
You crack me up girlfriend. :) This is fun!! I might get sucked into this EVERY week...