
Okay people, I have decided that I must share my new found passion for Murphy's Oil Soap. I realize that this probably sounds really silly but it was just too good not to pass on. As many of you probably know, both of my girls are in pre-school this year. This means art projects and that means stains on their clothes. Now at the beginning of the year the teachers always tell you not to send your child to school in any clothes that you don't want ruined. This is impossible. For one thing Reagan is the oldest, which means all of her clothes are new, or at least fairly new. Either way, I spent my husband's hard earned money on them and I want them to last an entire season. I would also like to be able to pass them onto Kennedy, so yes I mind if they get ruined. A simple solution to this would be to send her to school in garage sale or other hand me down clothes. This bothers me too though, since I want her to look nice at school. It may be vain but I feel like how she looks reflects on me and also on her Nini (grandma), who happens to be her teacher. Thus, this my internal conflict every day of what to have her wear to school. I do have a point and I am getting to it. A couple of weeks ago, Reagan was drawing with a dry erase marker and she got some on a pair of brand new pants! As in she purposefully drew a line down the middle of her pant leg. I freaked out, I was so upset about it and decided to google it. I came across a suggestion to pre-spot and scrub the area with Murphy's Oil soap. For some reason, I always have Murphy's in my house so I decided to try it. And it worked! The marker was out in less than a minute and I was amazed. Since then I have had a few other marker, paint, ink pen related incidents both at home and from school and so far the Murphy's has worked every time! I am so happy that I have found this miracle solution that I had to share it. Now, I don't have to stress as much about what I dress the girls in for school, because if it comes home stained I can fix it. And if I can't then I guess it isn't really a big deal. They are just clothes after all.





That's awesome! I use Murphy's Oil Soap on my floors but never knew about it for stains. I wonder about using it on furniture? I have a pen stain on my love seat...hmmm.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome tip!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Kam
Hi again. I found you from Kam's blog - not really sure how I found her, but anyway, we are all linked together by that common thread of motherhood. Sometimes I stumble from blog to blog and don't know how I got from one to another. Thanks for the M oil soap helpful hint. I will have to get some! I used to have some years ago when we had wood floors, but when we moved 11 years ago I didn't need it any longer. I am shocked at such a useful solution to a problem I have faced in the past. My oldest used a dry erase marker when he was about 2 at my in-laws and ruined a Gymb*ree outfit. He is thirteen (growing up fast) and I still remember freaking out and trying everything under the sun - nothing EVER worked! Dry erase markers have since been banned in our house and my kids have been warned about the dangers - heeeheee! Actually my 10 year old has to use one in his math class, and since he is a stain magnet I am sure within this school year we will need to use your magical solution! Thanks a bunch! Take care!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Thanks for the hint!
ReplyDeleteOhilda
Thanks for the tip! I am always in need of a good stain remover. I also really like Oxy Clean. I put a scoop in every load and never really have to use Shout anymore. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to forward this post to my sister! Her three kids are 7, 4 1/2 and 1 1/2) and I'm sure she would find this useful! Especially for her boys!
ReplyDelete