Just when I thought we had had all the excitement we could handle for the week, another "accident" fell into my lap. In my defense though, this one was definitely not my fault and it definitely didn't happen on my watch! Tonight before bed, Chris was rough housing with the kids as he tends to do sometimes. He was chasing them around and everyone was screaming and having a good time until... wham!!! Apparently Reagan decided that Dee Dee was "winning" and she shoved her out of her way. She went smack into the double glass doors that lead to our back porch. As soon as I heard her hit, I knew it was bad. The blood came immediately, Dee Dee's forehead had split open from the impact. There was blood on Chris, on me, on Dee's jammies. I started putting pressure on it along with an icepack and as soon as the bleeding slowed down enough I headed out to the ER. Does any of this sound familiar? Did I not go through almost this exact same sequence of events yesterday with a different child? How happy am I that I didn't end up at the ER yesterday? Because if I had shown up there two days in a row they probably would have called CPS on me! Alas, I was surely meant to spend 3 hours of my time this week waiting in the emergency room. Like I didn't have anything better to do! I have said before that Kennedy is my accident prone child. Remember
this post anyone? Or
this one? Dee Dee always takes it in stride and she actually seemed happy to be there. She got to spend a little one on one time with mommy
and Grandma Vicki! They cleaned her up and glued her forehead shut. I think she screamed more about how the glue stung than she did about being hurt in the first place! Seriously though, did the ER ever wind her up! I got home around 11 and it took another 2 1/2 hours to get her to relax enough to go to sleep. And I have to wake her up every four hours to check for a concussion! So even though I would like to be sleeping myself right now, I can't. I have to wait on the clothes in the washing machine to get done so I can put them in the dryer. Otherwise my husband won't have clean pants to wear to work tomorrow!
In the car on the way to the hospital

In the waiting room, happy as can be!
Showing off her hospital bracelet, "one for me, and one for mommy!"

In the car on the way home... a little surigical glue and she's good as new!
OCH!! Well I am glade to see she is ok
ReplyDeleteThis is probably like deja vu...remember Valesca's trip to the emergency room? Ahh...yes it's like it happened yesterday, I still get chills! Hope my Dee gets well soon.
ReplyDeleteGina
Aww... poor sweetie! Our Kai bears the same scar that was held by glue when he was rough-housing with Daddy also.
ReplyDeleteOhilda
Owie. Poor Baby. I am sure she got lots of tlc. So what is Katie doing for Katie? Stress like this takes a toll, take some "me" time! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteBeware! Spoiler alert! Don't these things usually come in three's??? Surely not! Again, so glad she is okay and way to go, mom! Right about now, you could handle anything! Have a fun and SAFE weekend!
ReplyDeleteKam
At least the used the derma bond instead of stiching her up, now she won't have a scar. Hopefully they will give you a break from the injury drama! :o)
ReplyDelete