October 25, 2008
Happy Birthday Ally!
Amazingly enough my other little sister is turning 14 today. We may not always get along, but I hope that some day we will be not only sisters, but friends. Ally is in every way the typical teenager and I am sure to her I am just that annoying big sister who is telling what she should and shouldn't do. But you see, those teenage years are tough. I've been there and made it through to the other side and I have a different perspective. Growing up will happen fast enough on its own. Then you're out in the real world with a whole different set of responsibilities. I simply want for her to learn from my mistakes and to be able to grow into the kind of woman she wants to be. I want for her to make it to adulthood unscathed, ready to chase her dreams. I can only imagine the kind of worry I will someday have for my girls as they enter this stage of their lives. But today, I wanted to take the time to wish Ally a Happy Birthday! I hope that she will enjoy turning another year older and slow down and take it in. Trust me the years go by fast enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Well said! My niece is fourteen and I know EXACTLY what you mean!! Happy birthday Ally!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Ally!!! You are a great sister, Katie. :)
ReplyDelete